Vision, mission and values
The delivery of high quality and efficient day-to-day IT support to our staff, students, and visitors
We will support the delivery of an excellent digital learning experience through investment in high quality resources by investing in both our physical estate and virutal. We will also invest strategically in our IT services and infrastructure to effectively and efficiently better support teaching, learning, and administrative functions.
Our core values
- We will take a ‘user-first’ approach in delivery IT Services – Consider the user experience in everything we do.
- Continually driving digital innovation – Be flexible by anticipating and adapting positively to change.
- Ensure all IT services are safe and resilient – Keep systems secure and manage the risks related to information technology.
IT Services Customer Service Standards
- Help and support will be available 07:30 – 16:30 weekdays.
- IT Services provides a welcoming environment to support our users’ needs.
- We aim to provide an initial response to 100% of enquiries to IT Services email addresses within 2 days, however a response is usually sent within 12 hours (excluding weekends, College closed days and Bank Holidays).
- 85% of incidents resolved within five working days of being logged. To help us acheive this target, users should:
Attempt any reasonable steps required to help diagnose or fix an issue. This may include self-service documentation.
Provide current and accurate information on the nature of faults and their symptoms.
Advise the IT Service helpdesk of the impact of problems and update us if the situation changes.
- 70% of issues reported to IT Services are fixed by the first team member to investigate the issue.
- All core IT services will be available 99% of the time during working hours, with the majority of systems available 24/7 excluding planned maintenance periods.
- 95% of computers on campus will be working at any time.
- IT Services provides to staff and students, a fast and reliable wireless network that is available on campus.
- All new students and staff will be able to access training and resources introducing IT Services facilities and services.