It’s incredibly simple to create and send an email with Gmail. Follow our steps here or watch the quick video at the bottom of this page.
- Open Gmail.
- On the left, click Compose.
- (Optional) To change your window size, in the upper corner, click Maximise or Exit full screen .
- Add recipients and a subject. Simply type the name of an individual or a group and Gmail should autocomplete the address for you. Remember, you can also email class and course groups or other groups such as TeachingStaff.
- Enter your message. Emails you start writing but don’t send are automatically saved in Drafts on the left.
- (Optional) Add attachments such as Drive files or photos .
- Click Send.
Tip: Our full Gmail guide includes all the different customisation options for sending mail, such as emojis, font changes, attachments and confidential mode.
Tip 2: To cancel sending an email, at the bottom of the window, click Undo. This option appears briefly, but you can change how long it lasts. See Undo sending your mail.