If you use an Android phone or tablet and have the Google Drive app installed, you can scan hardcopy documents directly to Google Drive without the need of a third-party app.
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android phone or tablet
- In the bottom right corner, tap the + icon
- Tap Scan
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan and tap OK
- Drive will automatically try and crop the image. If necessary, you can adjust the image using the following tools:
to change the colour profile
to rotate the image
to adjust the crop
- To add another page, tap , otherwise tap Save
- Rename the file and choose which account and folder you’d like to save the document to
- Tap Save
The scanned document will appear in Google Drive as a PDF.
Bonus: Drive will also recognise text in your document making the contents searchable.