The following methods have been tested on Ubuntu 14.04.02 LTS. Other releases and distributions should work, however we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. If you require any assistance, just ask at the IT Helpdesk.
Method 1 – Network Manager
1. Click on the Network Connection Icon in the task tray. Select ‘eduroam’ from the list of available networks.
2. The ‘Wi-Fi Network Authentication Required’ dialog will be displayed. In the ‘Authentication’ drop-down select ‘Protected EAP (PEAP)’ as the authentication method. Leave all other fields as default.
3. Under Username and Password , enter your Barton e-mail address and password.
4. Click ‘Connect’ to save the connection and connect. You should now be connected.
Method 2 – Configuration Script
If you have trouble connecting via Network Manager, or Network Manager is unavailable, you can use the automatic configuration shell script.
1. Download the shell file here to your computer. (Note: after saving the file, you may need to modify the permissions to make the script executable).
2. Open Terminal and execute the shell file.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. When prompted for your userid, enter your Barton email address.
5. When prompted, enter your Network Password.
6. The script should complete successfully.