It’s important for all staff to use the same, approved, branded signature. You shouldn’t add anything extra or use any different signature unless approved by Marketing first.
If you need the most up to date signature, simply send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will reply back with the signature ready for you to copy. Simply highlight it all, right click on it and click Copy. Then you’re ready to set it up on your account.
Below are the steps on how to set up your email signature in Gmail. There is also a short video at the bottom of this page showing how to change your signature.
- Click the Settings cog in the top right corner, then Settings.
- On the General tab, scroll down to Signature and click the small circle button next to the formatting box.
- Copy the entire signature from another email and paste it into this box.
- Change the personal information.
- Click Save, at the bottom of the page.
Once pasted, you need to change the following:
- Name Surname
- Job Title
- Email Address*
- Telephone Number (If Direct Dial)
- Extension Number
*Changing the email address – Simply click on the email address and click the Change button, this will ensure you are changing the full link. As the picture below suggests. Otherwise, if you don’t do it this way, the display will show your correct email but if you click it then it may go elsewhere.
The image below is an example of what the signature should look like. Please don’t add anything else to your signature without the approval of Marketing. If your signature doesn’t look like the example below, please change it.
(Don’t copy the image below, it’s purely for demonstration purposes.
Take a look at this video to see how easy it is to set your signature.